The Competition Act and the Competition Commission Act were gazetted on 10 June 2010 and enforced beginning 1 January 2012. The acts aimed to encourage national economic development by encouraging and protecting the competition process in the market and consequently protecting consumer interests. To supervise provisions included in the Competition Act 2010, the Competition Commission was established under the Competition Commission Act 2010 on 1 April 2011.
Commission’s Main Functions
The Competition Commission Act 2010 empowers the Malaysia Competition Commission (MyCC) to carry out functions such as implement and enforce the provisions of the Competition Act 2010, issue guidelines in relation to the implementation and enforcement of the competition laws, act as advocate for competition matters; carry out general studies in relation to issues connected with competition in the Malaysian economy or particular
sectors of the Malaysian economy; inform and educate the public regarding the ways in which competition may benefit consumers in, and the economy of Malaysia.
The MyCC is inviting dedicated, committed candidates with high integrity and
professionalism to join us. Please note that applicants must be MALAYSIAN CITIZENS and the positions offered are on a CONTRACT basis:
CORPORATE AFFAIRS DIVISION
Head of Corporate Affairs
Grade 48 (1 Position)
* Reporting to the Chief Executive Officers;
* Organize events / roadshow programs related to the MyCC;
* Review and edit all media relations work including writing & distributing news releases and responding to media enquiries;
* Assist in producing newsletters, brochures and other printed materials designed for the general public / stakeholders;
* Responsible for all public relations and corporate communications;
* Support and implement strategies to build and protect the reputation of MyCC;
* Monitor the website and social media presence;
* Manage Corporate Affairs budget within limits, with a culture of cost Management;
* Understand and implement media relations strategies; and
* Provide an effective co-ordination role during crisis communications.
* Degree in Mass Communication / Public Relations;
* Min 5 years of experience in works related to media / corporate communications;
* Excellent written and spoken skills in Bahasa Malaysia and English;
* Excellent time management skills, highly resilient and able to accommodate tight deadlines;
* Pleasant personality; and
* Able to work independently or in a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
For further details, interested candidates may download and complete the Job
Application Form obtainable from the MyCC website at www.mycc.gov.my
Please forward a detailed resume outlining career, job application form with
a passport-sized photograph and email to email@example.com or posted to the
MANAGEMENT SERVICES DIVISION
MALAYSIA COMPETITION COMMISSION (MyCC)
LEVEL 15, MENARA SSM@SENTRAL,
NO. 7, JALAN STESEN SENTRAL 5,
KUALA LUMPUR SENTRAL, 50623 KUALA LUMPUR.
Tel: 03-2273 2277 . Fax: 03-2272 1692
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION : 19 NOVEMBER 2016
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you do not receive a reply to your application within 3 months, your application has not been shortlisted.